Monday, April 18, 2022

 


Perfect!



I really like the way they look.  I spotted them at the clearance section for a dollar at Michaels recently and as soon as I saw them, I knew they were just what I needed to finish this wall hanging.


WonderFil Tuti Col. TU24 is the thread i used to quilt it.  I'm really pleased.  A bit surprised,  too.  I didn't expect it to work with the background.

I like using the variegated colors on a plain colored background and it's the first time I've used a variegated thread on a background that's not plain.

It's what I'll use on the appliqué wall hanging.  There's only the pot and one third of a leaf to go before I'm ready.  




This is the next small quilt I'll be making and hand quilting.


It's from this book 


This is the blurb about the quilt.


I'm not a huge fan of pink, but I have blue, pink and white color combo for it, with a specific recipient in mind.  This thread is another Tutti.  The color is TU33 and it's called Woorose.  I'll test it out on a scrap and see how it looks.  


I'll be playing with Liver of Sulphur today (smells like rotten eggs....yuk) as a follow up to a middle of the night hammering session in the basement on some copper circles on Friday night.  I have my eye on this texturing hammer set.  Grey's checked it out and has given it the thumbs up.  It's going to be here tomorrow.  Thank you Amazon!  I think it will be an improvement on Grey's hammers and chisels I was using.   More on what this is all about soon! 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your variegated threads and your hammer set! And I have to ask - what IS that thing in the first photo? - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what the brass widget is either but it looks great on your quilted piece.
    Very interested to see what the hammer set is for now.

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...