Monday, February 24, 2020

I began to question whether making another 15 dpn pouches was a good idea or not when I  made the others last night.  I was so sick of them by the end, I just shoved the needles in and put them away.  On the bright side, they are finished and the needles are not laid out on the mud room bench.   

I have a lovely collection of cross stitch patterns and enjoy stitching from stash.  The exception is when I run out of floss for a project (I'm a DMC gal).  There's no trip planned to the Big Smoke over the next few weeks, so when I realized I had run out of 5 colors for In Harmony that can't be substituted.  


The only practical solution was to order online.  The postage was more than the floss and you know any supplies we order can't travel alone, so to make it worthwhile, I ordered a couple of patterns, too.  

This one looks like an easy stitch, so may be part of a spring display (not saying which year!)


I have a basket of cross stitch pillows which I put out each July.  This one will make a nice addition.  










Wednesday, February 19, 2020


I have 16 sets of double pointed needles which have been stored in toothbrush holders or the original packets.  Neither has been particularly satisfactory.  


I made a "test" pouch using stash  fabric (any excuse to fondle stash fabric lol), as I want them to be matching and wrote the metric size with frixion pen.  Which is a good thing, as I only wrote the metric size....again.  it's  an easy fix.  Just wet it and it disappears.


I think it's going to work.  The rest are ready to be pinned and sewn, so they're well on their way.  Velcro dots under the flaps and sizes written on the front will finish them off.  I just have to remember to write both metric and US sizes!

Tuesday, February 18, 2020


This project has been on my to do list for a very long time.  The fabric were out of the scrap box, which didn't put a dent in it at all.  lol

Each slot has the needle size written on it using a Frixion pen.  I'm glad I did that, because it's written in centimeters and I need to add US sizing, so I don't need to look up the conversion.  Just grab and go!


Of course, I had to test it out to see how easy it was to find needles. 😉  I dived deep into a yarn tub and pulled out a bag with four cakes of Jawoll Magic.  Purple is my favorite color and I didn't have a hat cast on, so it was an easy choice.  The needles were found at a glance, instead of flipping through packets looking for the right size and length. The yarn was already caked up, which gave me the illusion of being super organized.  Next organizing project is double pointed needle cases.

Monday, February 17, 2020


I dug out the fq bundle of William Morris fabrics for the Theoretical Quilt.


The pics don't show the colors all that well.  The fabrics on the left are gorgeous blues.


The fabrics were all petted, then put back in the tub until it's time to press and cut.

I'm thinking of cutting the coins 18in × 6in to get the most out of the designs.  Meanwhile, the hunt is on for a suitable William Morris fabric for the background.



Sunday, February 16, 2020


There's about 3 400 to go on In Harmony, so The Rain Fell is a simple project to stitch on for a few hours at a time for a bit of a break from 16 count  dark blue.  I won't say it's a simple stitch, as I can't count to 19.  The dress has an extra stitch, so a bit of picking and reverse stitching is in order.  


I ran out of yarn on my practice crochet piece.  It's wobbly, but I can see how much my hooking has improved.  On to the Crobot, which has increases and decreases.  

DH turns 60 in late December.  Today I'll start planning the coin quilt I'm going to make for him.  









Saturday, February 15, 2020




Crobots by Nelly Pailloux has been floating around in my stash since it came out in 2009.   Time to crack it open and start making some.


This pic is from the book and the first project.  It's called Dogbot.  I'd like to build my skills with different stitches.


I was gifted a couple of these a while ago and I think it's a close enough match for Jenny, our blue heeler, so that will be the first one I will make.

If make the ears a round or two longer, sew them on so they're pointed downwards, make an i-cord tail and fray the end a little, add a blue collar, it'll be 
a crochet version of Bailey.


I asked Jenny what she thought and as you can see, she's totally unimpressed. lol

Friday, February 14, 2020


DH and I forged a meat flipper yesterday from the top of a garden stake. We're both really happy with it.  DH is looking forward to testing it out in the summer.

We'll make a ring and hook for it sometime, too.


This mini hangs on the pantry door during February.  The red fabric is fossil fern.  It's my all time favorite fabric and there's always some of it in my stash.



I began to question whether making another 15 dpn pouches was a good idea or not when I  made the others last night.  I was so sick of them...