Tuesday, January 4, 2022

 


More strings.  Pin, sew, press, repeat.  Having a lot of fun with these.  There was less than an inch of snow yesterday, so I had to get in quick for a snowman, sew day.  lol


Thought I could live with the wrinkle at the top.  I can't.  There's no way of fudging it.  Glad I decided before the binding went on!


Can't decide between the top right Winter Welcome and....


.....Old Boiler for the next mini.  I took Bailey out this morning at 5.30am and it was clear with a hard frost.  It was cloudless, with a clear sky and a bright moon.  Everything was sparkling. So, I'm leaning towards Winter Welcome with clear beads for a bit of sparkle.  Closely followed by Old Boiler.



 


3 comments:

  1. I just love string piecing and your fabrics are so pretty. Looking forward to seeing Old Boiler come to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa. String quilts are a lot of fun to make. This one may end up being bed sized. I'm going to make the little shelf sitter that's Old Bolier's companion. I'm looking forward to making it.

      Delete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...