Thursday, January 6, 2022

 


This is the thread I used for quilting Bee Kind To All.  I wanted it to be subtle, but not cream or beige.


All the info.  I like how the thread feels as it goes through the quilt.


I  think the name of this fabric has Flutterby in it.  Anyway, I had a meter of every color when it came out.  Plus a fee meters each of neutrals.  Every time I think it's all gone, a few more pieces pop up.  There's enough for the Be Kind To All and a bit leftover for the string quilt.  It's one of my favorite non-Civil War reproduction/William Morris fabric lines.  There's still some in the dark neutral box, which I'm happy about.

The quilting that needed frogging is done.  So, it's just the binding to go.  If I don't get distracted by any Squirrels it will be a finish in the next couple of days.  😁


With this many scrap strings pressed and sitting next to the sewing machine.....


All these little scrappy bits and pieces pressed and bagged up, I think it's safe to say the Mile A Minute quilt is the first official Squirrel of the year.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...