Saturday, January 22, 2022


I've started digging into the hunks and chunks scrap bags for the January blocks 2022 Rainbow Scrap Challenge over at So Scrappy (superscrappy.blogspot.com)   


 The little birds from Chirp Crossing by Jen Daly from the July/August 2019 Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting.  The blocks are
 3 1/2 inches square with the seam allowance.  I'd originally thought about making three blocks of each color, but I think four will give me more wiggle room when it's time for the layout.  The beaks will be made from scraps of orange and yellow.  The legs will be dark neutral scraps.  Same for the green.  There's not many neutral scraps for the background, so I'll probably cut into a variety of yardage.  Which will (of course) lead to feeding the neutral scrap bag.  

It snowed last night.  It looks very pretty, but it's laying on ice, so that makes today an official Sew Day. I was up early this morning, sewing strings and hand quilting Crescent Angel.  The batting and backing for that are scraps, too.


1 comment:

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...