Friday, January 21, 2022

 

I've been stuck on the color combo for the wedges on Sprout.   

I cut windows of all the wedge sizes and auditioned all the fabrics.  So, I've decided to use the red fabric for the outside of the flower and the other for the pot.  It will probably be echo quilted to the binding.


Grey said the magic words before we went to the Big Smoke on Wednesday....."why don't you get all the colors you don't have?"  So I did.  Plus three perle cotton for big stitch hand quilting .

I dug out Craft Queen by Janlyn the other day.  It's from deep stash.  It came as a kit with DMC and 14 count Zweigart.


All the colors were on the card already.  I just wrote the DMC numbers on the card, as that's what is on the pattern.

I looped the floss through the holes so I can pull a single thread.  Hopefully that will stop them becoming a tangled mess.  It's the first time I've used this system.  It's not my favorite.  I'm a hard core bobbinator!  lol


Finished the blanket stitch on Crescent Angel.  If I do this again, I'll put fray stop on the edges.  That will hopefully stop getting wobbly edges like on parts of this one.  

Hand quilting is next!  I'm taking a leaf out of The Left Handed Quilter's (link in the blogroll) book and making the binding before I need it.  There should be enough dyed fabric left to do it.  Hope so, as I didn't write down the recipe for the dye.

I'm looking forward to the hand quilting.  Snowmageden turned into Icemageden in the early hours of Monday morning and we're in for some more ice and maybe snow tonight.  So, that is perfect quilting weather!  It's also the reason why there's no Be Kind To All in the snow pics.  The yard is icy and I'm not  taking the chance that I'll become airborne!  The crash landing is the problem. 😉






1 comment:

  1. LOVE your projects - and thanks for the shout-out! Having binding on hand is handy - if you remember where you put it - so you can find it when you need it - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...