Tuesday, December 28, 2021

No Coal!

 


BEB feels like she is on a roll.  This is the 2nd year I bought a Lion Brand Santa Sack and it was full of yarn....not coal.  lol
(The pic is Lion Brand's)


It's a grab bag for $20.  There's 3 balls of 3 different yarns.  This one is super bulky. 😲  It's the first time I've used this weight yarn.


I made a cowl on 9mm/US 15 needles.  The pattern is mistake rib (just cast on an odd number of stitches and just  knit 2x2  rib, plus the extra stitch in pattern.


It stands up by itself!  That's perfect, as I intend to wear it pulled up over my face if it ever gets cold this winter when I take Bailey out.


It was knit flat for 24 inches and then joined with double crochet.  I like the design element (a real one, not fudging a mistake haha) with the dc.  It knit up super fast being so thick.  


This is Sunset Shawlette by Universal Yarns (their pic).  I think it will look lovely in.....


.....Mandala Watercolors (Icy Grape colorway).  It's 75% acrylic, 15% wool and 10% nylon.  I'll knit just under 1 1/2 balls for the increases, then start on the decreases.  The recommended needles size is 6.5mm/10.5 US.  

It's being started today, as in 2022, I'll be going to knitting WIPs only for a while.  I'll 
let you know more about that in my next post.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...