Sunday, November 7, 2021


Time to start on Christmas/winter sewing.  Pulled these fabrics.  

Thinking about making something from one of these books.  There's a few cute elf and angel patterns in there, so they may be what I sew.  I need to sit down with a cup of tea and the books to decide.

Almost halfway through Snow White by Little House Needleworks.  It's on 14 count sparkly aida, stitched in Hunters Green.  The original pattern is white floss on green fabric.  


A dyeing oopsie from earlier in the week..  I've named it Nasty Surprise.  It was going to be a lovely shade of purple, except the blue didn't take properly.  The pink is so dark because I kept waiting for the blue to take.  The only thing I can think of is that I may have forgotten to add the mordent.

 It will be used for something....one day!  Probably small spring flower ornaments with white floss.


It should have been a similar color to this!  


This is the floss that was dyed at the same time.  There's always mottling on floss, so I'm happy with this color.


There's a bit of startitus happening, so I thought it would be a good idea to start something small.  This is Round Robin by Brenda Keyes.  The leaves are green, not the color of dead leaves...thank you rubbish lighting!  

It's on a scrap of 14 count aida, using DMC 310, 347, 730 and 839.


This is how it's finished in the book.  Mine will be finished as a biscornu.


It's from this book.....an oldie but a goodie (1993).








No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...