Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Back to sewing the string quilt.  Woohoo!  It may be lap quilt size or big enough for one of the beds.  I'll just keep going until the scrap bag is empty, then trim yardage that's not straight from cutting out appliqué pieces.  Anything too small will be cranked through the Sizzix for hexies.

I've been using the Decision Roulette app to choose colors and widths to keep it random, without having to put any thought into it.  I pin until the strips are too short for that round, sew and press.  Then back to pinning.   There's a pile of  20 something that are being sewn (I know, I said I was only going to do 3 at a time, but that began to feel like a chore.  We all know what happens then.) 




1 comment:

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...