Monday, November 8, 2021

 

This is the 7th (and final) cross stitch piece from the pile I posted about 13 days ago.  Six are finished.  I'm pretty chuffed! 😁

The cross stitch is being stitched down with #5 DMC perle cotton.  It just glides through the layers.  The background fabric is part of a piece I dyed a couple of blog posts ago. That will be echo quilted and most of the leftover fabric will be used to make the binding.

The cross stitch piece is stuck down with fusible webbing.  I had to get out my trusty left handed embroidery book, as I'd forgotten how to do blanket stitch.  I hadn't done any since getting that book and like any other stitch I've converted from right to left handed, it just flows.  Which makes perfect sense, as doing it right handed is the wrong way for me.

I need to go back through my blog, as I think the only FFO I blogged about was the needlecase.....until now.  Miss Mary Mack is a mini wall hanging.  The center is quilted in the ditch.  I sewed the hanger onto to back before the buttons, so just sewed those through the top layer of fabric, as I didn't want to unpick the sleeve and sew it back on again.

A random pic of Bailey I took the other night.  It had just gine dark, so he thought it was time to go to bed.  lol  

Aphrodite, who was previously known as Ares, peeking out of a log.  All three geckos were babies when we got them, so I just chose names which I thought suited them.  Heracles was the only one whose name I got right.  I chose his name, as he is the smallest.  When we realized Athena is a male, I changed his name to Hades and he has his own enclosure.  Grey calls him Big Head.  Apparently, having a big head is a desirable trait in crested geckos.

Corny was just starting to shed in this photo, so he looks quite dull.  Out of all five scaly babies, he's my favorite.  He's 4 feet 7 inches long and like all corn snakes, is wriggly!  






1 comment:

  1. LOVE your projects - and geckos - but the snake - not so much - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...