Friday, November 12, 2021



Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Some may see rags.  I see the center of string blocks.  These are tan/yellow dyed strips which in a previous life were destined for a long forgotten quilt.   They were tucked away between yardage in the neutrals tub.  In the MIDDLE of the tub where they couldn't be seen.  I'm convinced the Quilt Fairy stashed them.  There's no other logical explanation.


The first half of Christmas Row by Bent Creek is almost finished..  seems I really don't know how to count.  The fabric isn't wide enough for the whole design.  Oops!  At least there's enough for the alphabet.


This is what it would have looked like.  There's some tiny Christmas buttons in stash, so I'll do something with them on either end.  


A finished sock.  It's my favorite sock recipe by The Yarn Harlot from her book Knitting Rules.  It's knit cuff down (mistake rib) with a heel flap and gusset.   The yarn is Djinni by Dragonfly Fibers and is merino, cashmere and polymide.  The colorway is Marilyn's Lips - all shades of gorgeous deep pinks.

It's my favorite sock yarn and was discontinued when the company changed hands.  There is one more hank in stash.  I could be sad about that (BEB says don't be a wimp) but I'm not, as I've had so much enjoyment out of knitting with the yarn and wearing the socks.  There's a few pairs, so I'll be wearing them for at least the next few years.

The second sock has been cast on.  It's going to be put on hold while I knit on the jumper again.   

Squirrel was this year's word of the year.  It was. In practice mode this year and will go into the consolidation phase for 2022. 😆

2022's word of the year is an acronym.... BAPs, which stands for Big Arse Projects.   It's open to interpretation.

The rest of the year will be finishing the small projects that are floating around.   There's enough variety to stop BEB getting bored.

3 comments:

  1. String blocks keep calling my name - but I've put them on "mute" for the time being. I'm still sorting my BAPs - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Saturday, Sue. I just love that the Quilt Fairy left you some strings to include in a future quilt. It is always a joy to find such surprises in bins or bags. Your Bent Creek stitch is looking fabulous. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She left me a lot of strings, Melissa lol. They're fun to play with.

      Delete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...