Sunday, October 31, 2021

 Flosstube #6 is up. The format that I've stumbled upon that seems to work for me is blathering on for half an hour (or less) about what I've been making and other random crafty ramblings.  I aim for 20 minutes....then squirrel. lol

Bailey makes a cameo appearance.   He's rocking the Covid haircut.  I'm part way through cutting his hair, so there's parts of him trimmed and other parts not.  I'm getting better, though.  He's not bald this time.  That's a good thing, as it's starting to get chilly.


This sock was started in September last year and the pic shows where I was at on Saturday.  It's 80% wool, 10% cashmere and 10% whatever they put in to strengthen the yarn.  The colorway is Marilyn's Lips (shades of dark pink, not red like it looks in the pic).  Its Djinni by Dragonfly Fibers. 

It's going to be put to one side for a bit, as I'm not sure if I have enough yarn for the blue jumper.  I'm about 1/4 of the way through the first sleeve, so I need to get a wriggle on and get that finished.  Once it's done, I can weigh it and work out if I need to get more yarn.  If needed, I'll knit the yoke in a contrasting color.  If all goes well, it will be finished by the end of November.  Then back to the socks, two pairs of fingerless mitts and a hat.  That should keep me going until the end of the year.


I've been picking this up when I have a spare five minutes here and there, so it doesn't get neglected and I'd like to have it finished for THIS Christmas!




 








1 comment:

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...