Sunday, October 3, 2021

 


While filing patterns the other day, a squirrel insisted I sew these.


The bunyip teapot approved.


Finished another of Melissa's cute designs.  Its Tommy Toe Snatcher.  Pinker 'n' Punkin Quilting is her blog and it's in my blogroll.


Grey and I made a set of skewers.


This is some of the details.  My job as Torch Lady (BEB has decided she is only going to answer to Torch Queen from now on) is to heat the metal where Grey twists it.  It's the final step before cleaning and seasoning.

I'm getting more confident using the torch.  It's heavy and cumbersome, as there's hoses attached to an oxygen tank and also an acetelyn tank.  This was the first time I didn't have the torch in a death grip which leaves dents in my hands.  lol. I'm pleased that I'm making progress.


A tin ceiling.  Can you see the orange peel quilt pattern?  Wouldn't that make a lovely quilting pattern in an orange peel quilt? 

3 comments:

  1. The little kitties are so cute, Sue. I love their faces. Tommy Toe Snatcher is darling. Thank you so much for stitching it. I hope you enjoyed it. Wow on the skewers. They look amazing. How fabulous that you and your hubby can enjoy this craft together. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa. I enjoyed stitching Tommy very much. It's out in the den with all the other crows. It's a lot of fun working on metal with Grey.

      Delete
  2. Torch Queen, it is!! Love your kitties, Tommy, and skewers - and I agree - that would be a beautiful quilt pattern - maybe a wholecloth piece where the sections are large enough to quilt the flower in each "peel" - that would be pretty - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...