Tuesday, October 26, 2021


The string blocks are slowly growing....very slowly.  There's seven that have the two middle strips sewn and another nineteen pinned and ready to sew.  


All the pumpkins.  Some still need stalks.  It's windy today, so I'm sure there will be the perfect sticks lying on the ground in the next couple of days.


Played about in the dye pot.  I'd run out of ice blue dye powder, so messed about with a very weak solution of indigo instead.  They all spent different amounts of time in the pot.  The fabric is DMC 14 count aida.  The floss is a bonus and I'm really pleased with the color.


Got all geared up to get these finished....


.....then kitted up this one.....


.....and started it on a piece of the dyed fabric


Then made more grand plans to finish the projects up and started this instead.


Then started and finished stitching this ornament on a scrap of 16 count aida.  Which added another one to the finishing pile.  It needs buttons in the circles and will sit on the top of a round paper mache pot.


Then I squirreled again and Miss Mary Mack got some finishing love.  She is going to live her best life as a mini wall hanging.  There will be buttons on all four sides.  I was overenthusiastic about it and added the hanging sleeve before the buttons.  Fortunately, I noticed when I started the first one.  These have shanks, which is not my favorite kind of button to sew, but they look fab already.


Made this one into a needle case for darning needles.  Not that I plan on darning anything.  Darning needles are perfect for hand basting mini quilts. 
 

I couldn't sew a straight line to save myself today.  Care factor zero....it's done!  

  


1 comment:

  1. String blocks - I need to make some of those - after I add "Squirreled again" and "Care factor zero" to my list - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...