Monday, September 6, 2021


The sparks have been flying and a bit of alchemy has been happening this weekend as Grey uses the plasma cutter.


Adding veins to a leaf he cut out on the plasma after heating it in the forge.


I had no idea what was next.


Grey beat the end to get the shape he wanted.  He held it in the fuller while I shaped it by hitting the top of the fuller many times with a three pound hammer.


Grey cleaned it up and cut it off with a cut off blade on the angle grinder.


Then we had the beginning of the nut part of an acorn.  Then we did it again.  Grey will finish it tomorrow.

If I can move tomorrow, I'll be slinging the hammer around again.  

BEB says she lost her title of Delicate Little Flower tonight.  lol


You know how much I love my snakes!  Grey made this beautiful necklace for our anniversary.  I love it.

In between my jobs as muse, Torch Girl, poodle wrangler, Jill of All Trades, pattern designer and Finder Of Lost Things (plus knitting or blogging when I'm not needed) , I've started kitting up more cross stitch patterns.


Woodland Goddess will probably be stitched on 25 count even weave.   The pattern pages are huge and really easy to read.  There's four of them on A3 heavy, glossy paper.  There's only thirty one floss colors, plus Kreinek (which I'm not using, as I despise it) and some beading.  It will be a nice, easy stitch.  I'm thinking about dyeing the fabric a pale blue.


The picture on the pattern doesn't do this one justice.  I've stitched it before and it's stunning.  It will also be stitched on 25 count even weave.  There's 113 colors.  There's a lot of color changes, but it's all whole stitches.  I may enlarge the pattern to A3 to make it easier to read.  Since the fabric is white,, I'll do "something" with the background to color it.


This is another one that I like the design, but not the colors, so I changed them.   It will be stitched on 32 count yellow linen, to make it look spspringish.


Summer Jubilee is a Blackbird Designs pattern.  It's from the 2003 Just Cross Stitch magazine.  


The fabric is 14 count aida I dyed recently in indigo.  The colors have been switched up, as I find the ones in the pattern a bit blah.


Lucky last is something from this book.
fractional, specialty and back stitches, plus blended floss, which means it is never boring.  There's well over 100 colors in each design.  Whatever I choose, it'll be stitched on 32 count linen, which will make the fractional stitches much easier.  It will be the one I have the most floss of.






1 comment:

  1. WOW! You always have such pretty projects! With all of your jobs - when do you find time to sleep? - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...