Tuesday, September 7, 2021


Practicing with the power chisel.  My biggest problem was not being able to keep the chisel down.  Part of that is lack of experience. Partly because the table is too tall for me.   I give myself an A+ for jaggedy lines. 
  Haha! 

Preparing the pattern for a sunflower.


A couple of leaves and the outside petals of a sunflower ready for Grey to cut out with the plasma cutter.


Hot, hot, hot!  


The same leaf after it's been beaten to add texture.  

Grey said today he has WIPs.  He used to work on one design at a time.  No idea who has influenced him. 🤣


My first go at using the plasma cutter.  I cut out the heart free hand.  

Grey put a new blade on the scroll saw, as I just couldn't get it in without bending it.  Now I can get back to making bits and pieces to finish cross stitch ornaments......and cut out sticks for pumpkin stalks.  It beats cutting them out with a hand saw any day!


Im showing symptoms of the cross stitch strain of the Startitus bug.  The first symptoms appeared a day or two ago with choosing and kitting up new projects. This afternoon I zig zagged the edges on the blue aida for Summer Jubilee.  Then put 32 stitches in it a while later.    I'm definitely showing symptoms.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...