Monday, June 28, 2021

 

Dyeing aida can be a bit like stone soup....things keep getting thrown in.  The aida will be used for winter/Christmas ornaments.  

I have no idea what will be stitched on this aida.  I just wanted to dye this color.  It's a one of a kind color.  I took notes and it turned out more brownish than red pear, which was the color I was after, so just threw in a bit more red....and didn't measure.  That's ok, as it's still not quite the color I want.  So, more experimenting is needed, which is always fun.  I do like this color and will probably stitch something monochromatic for fall on it.

1 comment:

  1. Those are pretty! Fun to make if you don't have to measure - but hard to duplicate if you don't know how much you used - LOL. I'm looking forward to seeing what you stitch on them - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...