Sunday, June 27, 2021


Our local Hundred Dollar Tree now sells yarn.  I've never tried anything from Premier before, so I had to get a ball to try it out.   It's more like DK than worsted, but for the price I'm not complaining.

  


I must be on Santa's nice list, as this is headed my way.  


There was 1061 yards of yarn in a Caron Anniversary Cake and I ran out just shy of a sleeve.  lol. Fortunately, there is no shortage of yarn here, so I'm mattress stitching with some scraps from the grey cardigan.


Grey said even he could see what the mistake was here.  I didn't see it for a couple of inches.   That's what I get for starting at 10.30pm instead of going to bed.


My aversion to borders has kicked in..  Stopping when the flags are finished.


A visitor down in the bottom last week.


Heracles, the smallest crested gecko.


Ares linking his nose.  He's the most feisty and jumpy of the three.  He shed later that afternoon.


Athena, the largest.  She's in solitary confinement, as she constantly harassed and jumps on the other two if she's in the same enclosure.  












 

1 comment:

  1. Nice yarn - and great photos of your geckos. Pretty visitor - love his/her colors! I must be blind - I don't see the mistake on your birds/flags - but then again - counted cross stitch makes my eyes go buggy. Haha @ Hundred Dollar Tree - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...