Thursday, March 18, 2021


This little pile of projects is sitting next to my sewing machine, as the WIP tub is bursting!  It's not as dire as it sounds, as it's not a big tub.  There's a few more in there, which I'm ignoring for now and just sewing what I fancy. 


The first project from the pile is an orphan block from Fat Cat Designs.  It's now a tote to hold knitting projects that need finishing (sewing pieces together etc)  The black fabric is duck cloth that mysteriously found it's way into my stash.  It currently holds all the pieces of the oversized squishy jumper and a few finished pieces of the grey cardigan.

Making it the size I wanted meant that there wasn't quite enough inner fabric, so a bit of the chicken wire fabric was added to the inside.  


The fingerless mitts with the afterthought thumb have been finished and washed.  They've been tucked away for later in the year.   

I'll be going back to a thumb gusset, as I prefer the way those look. 


There was a major oops! with this sock.  I was knitting it on 2mm/US0 dpns.  It's rather stiff and I'm not even going to try to get it over my foot.  It's going for a swim in the frog pond before it's cast on again.  


This is my 2nd go at using bamboo sock yarn.  The first time I tried knitting a pair toe up, which got frogged.  This time, I'm making a pair of shorties for the warm weather.  I'll make one, wear it for a day, then decide whether to keep knitting or frog it.


Played in the dye pot on Sunday night.  The purple ribbons show the colors better than the floss in the photos.  The bittersweet floss is tonal in some spots.  That happens quite a bit when I'm using yellow.

I'll be dyeing more bittersweet, as I have a project in mind for it.


The stitching on Live Life Simply by Hands On Designs is finished.   I kept going between a cube finish and a pillow.  I think it will be a cute pillow.


Now there's a finished spring stitch, it's back to WIPs.  It took until both boots were finished on La-D-Da's Smell My Feet before realizing the left boot was 5 stitches wider than the right!  It was sent to Coventry for quite a while before the left boot frogged and sent back again.  


A lovely find on Abe Books.  I had a quick flick through it yesterday when it arrived and have been making plans already.


These vases of flowers....


....and these will keep me busy with making mini quilts for hand piecing for quite a while.


This is one of the cross stitch patterns from the book, which is now on my "to stitch" list with some color changes.   One of the purples I dyed will be the color of the flowers.   Home and patriotic are my summer stitchy themes, so this one will fit in perfectly.



















 


 

1 comment:

  1. Such LOVELY projects!! I'm looking forward to seeing more of them ALL - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...