Saturday, March 27, 2021


Live Life Simply by Hands On Designs joins Hello Spring, a freebie by Lizzie Kate.  

What is it about the left boot?  That's the one which had to be restitched because it was five stitches wider than the other.

I hadn't noticed the three quilts from the Blackbird Designs book with different fabric in my last post were the same design until today when I was looking through the book again.  My powers of observation are legendary...not!

Ready for binding.  I like hand stitching the back of bindings, but the machine sewing  always feels like a chore.  So....

I'm going to give Kim Delhi's chubby binding a go.  Which meant I needed to get a new toy  tool.  These are in millimeters, which always seems a bit weird ti see metric measurements when it's not the "normal" way of measuring in the US.  It's a bit like telling us lefties to "just reverse it".  lol

I can empathize with anyone who finds it a bit....or a lot confusing, coming from a country that changed to metric in 1969.  I still have to convert the temperature back to Celsius if I want to make sense of how hot or cold it is.  Yesterday was 81f, which is 27c, which makes more sense to me!  lol

The appliqué pieces for Always Bee Kind are ready to cut out.  I iron these on a silicone baking sheet to stop getting a mess on the ironing board cover.

Hand quilting is underway.

  

The ever growing pile of glue basted hexies.  There's about the same number needing to be basted before any more need to be cut out. 

This is my oldest WIP.  It's been on the go since I moved to the US....seven years in June.  There's just one more light colored round until it'll be ready to attach to a background.  Then, there'll be some hexie flowers, leaves and vines appliquéd onto it.

It lives in this sewing box.  The box is a WIP.  I spray painted it purple.  Found a piece of cord in the finishing box, which will do for now as handles.   The color isn't quite right, but it just has to keep the lid on, as I'm just using what I have for now.  

The lid will be finished with Keep Calm and Stitch On in cross stitch.  There are two little ledges on the inside of the box.  I'll cut out and cover some magnetic strips with scrapbook paper and glue them on as needle keeps.

A Christmas cookie tin with my hand piecing supplies lives in there, too.

This is a pic of the sewing basket I found online.  I had a bit of a search online and found others like this on ebay from the Princess Basket Company in Algonquin, Illinois.  Mine came from the basement. 😉

Back to crocheting flower centers.

Dishcloths are getting a bit low, so it's a good opportunity to get in a bit more crochet practice.  They're becoming less trapezoid shaped and more squarish.

I've had my first Covid shot.  Now I'm just waiting for the nanites to kick in and give me a figure like 7 of 9 from Star Trek!  





 



1 comment:

  1. Love all of your goodies - and if nanites can do that - I want some - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...