Sunday, February 7, 2021

Squirrel!


I was walking through the den when I heard the siren song of this book....right after I pulled out a Chook Shed pattern!


Since I have the perfect fabric already pulled (for another of her projects) I could do nothing but start it.


This is the fabric I'm playing with.  The top one isn't as light as it looks.  The appliqué pieces are on fusible webbing and ready to cut out, apart from the circles, which will be run through the die cutter, once I decide on the size.


Bailey is only 11 pounds, so his jumper is a human adult hat sized project.  lol


It's ready to separate for his front legs.  I've been keeping notes so if it works out, I'll be making him more.  


The stitching is finished on Crow Berry Sampler by Bent Creek.  I squeaked in with just one short thread left of the red.  I was very happy about that, as it meant I didn't have to dye any more.  It won't be going out until fall, so there's plenty of time to finish it.  

I'm thinking about mounting it and making it into a flat fold with cord around the stitching and going for a rustic look.  There's a ball of bakers twine in the finishing box which may work for making twine.  Matbe make up a batch of dye and dyeing it.

The trim situation is dire.  I don't like to order trim online and I won't be going to Hobbylobby any time soon, so I need to get creative, as untrimmed ornaments will just not do!  lol 

I ordered some red and white, plus green and red bakers twine from Amazon recently to use on Christmas ornaments.  

There's plenty of beads (I need to learn some beading techniques) and buttons, plus I can add embroidery, too.  Just have to think outside the (finishing) box. 😁


The stitching on Love by Hands On Designs is finished.  It's going on the top of a paper mache box.  The box is going to be painted pale pink if I can get the mix of white paint and red Rit dye correct.  If not, it will either be made into a little pillow with pompom trim.  


Smell My Feet by La-D-Da is the current 30 minutes a day long term cross stitch WIP.  It's one of my favorite designs of hers.  It had been put to one side because I'd stitched most of the left boot 5 stitches wider than the right....no idea how it was that far along, either!  Or why the right boot was stitched first.  I always start in the center, stitch the top left quarter, the bottom left, then the right.  When it's been unpicked, I'll go over it with a bit of sticky tape to remove the floof.  


Frogging needs to be balanced with stitching, so Yuletide by Plum Street Sampler was stitched on.
















1 comment:

  1. I think I have that book! I LOVE seeing all of your projects - but it makes me feel like such a slacker - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...