Thursday, February 11, 2021

 


Back to Grey's wolves.  The wolf on the right may need a bit of brain surgery, as it's forehead doesn't look quite right.


Not the most glamorous photo, but it shows the true colors.  One thread a day is working really well.  I'm terrible at guesstimating when something will be finished, so I'm not even going to try!


Eventually ripped out the sock gusset and reknit it after tinking back the same rows multiple times.  If I'd done that in the first place, it would probably have been finished.  Sometimes what seems to be the easy way to do something isn't.


Ripped out the offending shoe on Smell My Feet and got a bit over enthusiastic when I started on the letter r.  



I've been driving myself bonkers tearing up the house looking for the pattern of You Are The Bacon To My Eggs for nearly two weeks.  The pattern and color key are on two different pages and after I'd printed the pattern. the original was missing.   After searching the house with no luck.  It was in the printer.  The only place I didn't look!  Scatter brained come to mind!  lol. Now all I need to do is finish it before Sunday! 😳  


Grey's latest FFO....these bowls started as flat pieces of metal.  He's made them for his team at work.


They were dull before being buffed and....


being torched.

It was quite a process getting them finished off.  He tried bees wax first.....which caught on fire.  I spend quite a few hours soaking them in vinegar and scrubbing with a scotchbrite to get it all off.  Thank goodness for audiobooks!  lol







No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...