Friday, February 26, 2021


Machine sewing appliqué on Bloom.  Ten petals and two flower centers to go, then it'll be ready for hand quilting.


A dodgy photo (I was sitting down and just held it up)  of the quilt that's being hand quilted.  I like the "wrinkles" very much.  

Collected a small bundle of the white tone on tone when the scrap box was emptied.  Plus, there's plenty of the background fabric left.   I have an idea for a pomegranate appliqué based on a Turkish Otterman design of a pomegranate I saw online.  It'll be a mash up of that and an old Laundry Basket Quilts appliqué wall hanging I made years ago.


Yarn barf while car knitting.  Grey was heading out to get snake supplies, so of course I had to keep him company in the car.  The yarn barf was gingerly untangled while he was in Pet Smart.  The big yellow ball in the sky (I've heard rumors that it's the sun) was shining down.  

I'm the crazy lady who takes photos of pretty colored lichens and fungus/fungi??? on fallen limbs.


 

1 comment:

  1. Crazy lady with beautiful stuff - petals and flowers - pretty wrinkles - yard barf - and pretty colored lichens/fungus/fungi - what's not to like? - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...