Saturday, December 12, 2020

 

Another little finish.  The fabric reminds me of swirling winter winds.

These little clips came in handy yesterday.  I wasn't sure if the sleeve on my worsted jumper would fit, so I clipped I used them to temporarily join the seam....and it does!  The length is just right, too.  Now I can finish the other one.  The back is started, so it's well on the way.

I've just finished listening to it on Audible.  Tim Curry was the narrator and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 


Earlier today, Jenny and I found a patch of sunlight out on the back porch.  I was feeling rather toasty unpicking the seam on this ornament.  It needs a bit of extra stuffing and the machine sewn seam is going to be replaced with ladder stitch.  It's a bit fiddly, but gives a nicer seam.  It'll only take a few minutes to do and is totally worth it, as the machine seam was bugging me.  lol I've always sewn the ornament seams by hand.  This one was an experiment to see which method I preferred.  Now I know. 🙂


Progress on Yuletide.   I'd like to have it out for the 21st (start of Yule), so I need to get a wriggle on.  It may be small, but it will never be finished if I don't stitch on it!


I drank the Lion Brand mill end Kool-aid last Monday morning.  It was about 5am and I was delirious as I hadn't slept all night. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol)  I'm getting ready to run out of practice crochet yarn and 
I'd like to make a small version of Arne and Carlos' Primrose blanket.  


Something in here caught my eye and the fabric has been pulled from stash.  More soon. 😉










No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...