Friday, December 11, 2020

 

The pic is a bit gloomy, but you'll get the idea!  I made this six years ago.  It was the first quilt I made in the US after a visit to a quilt store in Charlotte.  I swap out winter, spring/summer and fall.  Grey designed and made the hanger.  It's all made of copper and I love it.  It hangs in my craft room.


There's 53 tiny snowflake buttons on it, instead of quilting. 

This one is by Laundry Basket Quilts and comes out each year for winter/Christmas.  I made it a million years ago in Australia for summer/Christmas.

I've been putting off cleaning my sewing machine this week, but I've had it on good authority that I just need to get it done!  lol. I'm in a finishing mood, so it will be cleaned today, as there's another mini that just needs a binding and sleeve.

There's a few tins for notions that just need a bit of sanding and modge podge to seal them and another cross stitch piece to put on a canvas board.  

Those will be my focus projects for the weekend, along with Grey's wolves cross stitch.  That's at a fiddly section, but the whole stitches are almost finished.  Another two weeks should see that completed.

Decided to add a border on Winter is for the Birds.  It's a no brainer, so that's being stitched for five minutes here and there and will be finished sometime this weekend.

This is the (partially cut out) pattern for a metal Christmas ornament I drew that Grey's making for a customer.  When he showed me the pic the customer wanted it based on, I was (almost) speechless.  

A few years ago, I designedand Grey made a stained glass window based on a tattoo.  I thought that was a little weird, but this one takes the cake!

Four more of these to go.  This time with names on the back.  I'm looking forward to getting a buffing machine, before the end of next year.  It'll get a nice high buff that would take hours to get by hand. We're not having a table at the Christmas Market this year, which means I'll have my hand in at using the buffing machine by the time we start for next year's.  



A few hours later......This is the third pice that will go on a canvas board.  It needs a border to finish it off..  I don't like the one in the pattern, so I'm swapping it out for Montengrin stitch in this book..  Mountmellick Thorn caught my eye originally, but it's too ornate.

I've started making notes for ideas to make a band sampler.  I've got tons of different alphabets in books, patterns and a cd.  They'll be separated by lines of embroidery.  They'll be drawn up on graph paper, separated and switched around or discarded.  It's going to be a slow stitching project, which will be fun.

A few more hours later....I didn't get the job.  I'm a bit disappointed, but I'll live!  lol  Something else will come up.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't get the job - but you're right - something else will come up - and it will probably be even better!! I LOVE your cross-stitch projects and Grey's hanger and ornaments. I have that embroidery book - got it on good authority - LOL - and looked up those stitches. It's a good thing they are in the LEFT-Handed book - I'd have a heck of a time trying to "reverse" either one of them. Your band sampler sounds interesting - I'm looking forward to seeing it - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...