Monday, August 17, 2020




Startitus and I sisters from another mother type friends.  Her cousin, the morally selfrighteous Finishitupus, and I are not.  Startitus and I are giddily planning projects.

1.  A scarf made from the pattern on the cover of the left book (Frost Flowers, page 204).   It's an old pattern, dating back from the early 19th century and I think will make a beautiful scarf.


This is the yarn.  The needles were already with it, as I'd pulled it out last night to start a different scarf.  This happens a lot.  lol It needs two pattern repeats per row.  Planning done. 😁


2.  A triangular shawl with the Tiger Eye pattern as a center panel (page 312, 2nd edition).    This will take planning on graph paper,  as the panel is 25 stitches wide.  I like to knit triangular shawls from the bottom up and like them to come to a point, so I think this one will work well.  There's yarn already caked up for this one.


3.  A beanie/hat/toboggan/tuque using an all over stitch pattern from this book using a couple of never ending scrap balls that I've recently made two hats out of.

None of them take rocket science planning.....especially the scarf.  That's just a long rectangle.

Startitus and I are making quilty plans and waiting for the Cross Stitcher magazine CD to arrive.  More on those later.






1 comment:

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...