Sunday, August 16, 2020


Hand knit socks are strange looking things.  The toes always look weirdly pointy 

After knitting most of the heel on the sock, it was tinked, as I've decided to try a different heel.  I may fall madly in love with it or hate it.  I'll never know unless I try it.

This sock has a looser gague and more stitches than I usually knit, so I'm not sure about the fit.  If they're a bit big, they can be bed socks.  The yarn for the summer shortie socks is supposed to arrive on Tuesday and I'd like to start the first pair (ie do battle casting on the toe lol)


This cd mysteriously found it's way into my Amazon shopping cart at the beginning of the month.  It should be here sometime this week.  I'd like to stitch some more patriotic and Thanksgiving patterns and am having a hard time finding patterns I like.  There should be at least 9 of each, which will keep me busy for a while.


This is my patriotic basket of smalls.  I have one Thanksgiving small.  Time for more variety and more displays!  Quilting is easier, as I can adapt color schemes.  So, I'm thinking about that, too and how to be creative with my stash.

Word of the day: Armamentarium

I no longer have a stash.  I have an armamentarium. 😋







1 comment:

  1. Do battle casting - haha - but so worth it! Love your new word - I have one, too! - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...