Saturday, August 15, 2020



I have a bad case of quilting startitus.  I want to "sew all the things" and want to start them all NOW!  In between chores and studying today, I unpicked the top and bottom from the pillow front and a bit down the sides before evening it up.

I finished it this evening and it has a temporary home on a quilt from the 1940s, an antique rocking chair and some stump work I found in the spare room that I made into a pillow. 


This mini (from the same book as the pillow top) is a jumping off point for a small quilt.  There's a pile of about 400 2 1/2 inch squares from scraps cut out.  There's another flower in the book, which I prefer, so will use that.  The borders will be lwft off, too, as I think it will be too much.  Not sure on the size, as it will depend on how many squares will play nicely together.

Plans for the fall runner are coming together..  The size was easy to work out...same as the runner in front of the fireplace.  It's going to have maple leaf blocks.  Just need to decide on the size, layout etc.  



It rained this arvo....a lot!  This is two minutes round the corner from us.  There was a lot of flooding round town, too, includingdown the bottom of our place, which is not unusual...it'sa flood plain.  I love the rain, but....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...