Tuesday, April 28, 2020


I got carried away with chores yesterday, which meant Rudy was neglected.  It wasn't a craftless day, as I dyed some orphan floss.  I threw the lot in a jar of yellow dye and was happy with the results, except for the shade of green the blue turned into.  That was an easy fix.  It was thrown into a jar of grey dye and ended up a greenish grey.  Much better!  


I also found these hand pieced Farmer's Wife blocks.  The purple and cream one is too small, so will be repurposed as a feature block on a project bag.  The "plan" is to not have as few repeats of the main fabrics for the blocks and make it all from stash.  It may be a case of spot the repeat fabrics.  It will be fun, however it goes.  


Don't you just hate it when you tidy up and can't find things afterwards?  This is the last round (ran out of fabric).


A ton of 1 inch hexi pieces was hiding in this cute snowman tin.  They're a bit thick, but will do to finish it off.


There's enough leftover hexies to play around with and add a bit more to it.



The fabric reminds me of something Escher might have designed.  I only bought 1/4 meter of each, as I wasn't sure what I'd do with it.  Work with what you've got, right?




1 comment:

  1. A floss toss into some dye - hexies - and Escher - what a great mix - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...