Friday, January 3, 2020

FNWF/WOOFA




Thank you, Cheryll, for organizing the first Friday Night With Friends for 2020.  This project is also a WOOFA (Working On Or Finishing A....UFO), also organized by Cheryll.

This has been a UFO for a couple of years and it's time for it to shine!  Tonight I pressed all the HST blocks that were finished.


Chain pieced the blocks that needed it.


Pinned pairs of blocks ready for joining.  I have about 12 quilting projects which are WOOFAs, the biggest being a queen sized bed quilt and the smallest is a hexagon flower.  My plan is to at least touch on one each month for the rest of the year.  If they get finished, great...if they don't that's ok, too.  At least they will see the light of day.  I had a lot of fun sewing this one tonight and wondered why it became a UFO.

I had some company via email tonight, too.  Last year I found a long lost bloggy friend quite by chance at the end of last year.  I've been smiling ever since.

I'm looking forward to catching up with other FNWFers over the next few days.

Sue

17 comments:

  1. Sew good to make a start on the long awaited UFO..
    Ah I think we end up with sew many UFOs because we keep starting new ones.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol that's true. Angel's Story by Hatched and Patched, plus a quilt for DH's 60th birthday in December are waiting in the wings.

      Delete
    2. I loved making Angel Story ...

      Delete
  2. Those fabrics are lovely - just my colour! A profitable evening. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lin. Purple is my favorite color.

      Delete
  3. Lovely quilt - great progress and a great start on your WOOFA projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOFA - love it!! Your purples are beautiful - I like the subtle value changes radiating from the center - simple and elegant - ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms Leftie! I'm really happy wit it.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for joining in both groups Sue. We all need encouragement to get some long lost projects done I think. FNwF helps too... so keep digging out those WOOFA's... xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the moody purples of this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, too and moody is a great description.

      Delete
  7. I love the fabrics too - and as you say it has seen the light of day and you made progress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you're ringing in the new year with purple passion! Lol! Keep up the good work on that WOOFA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you were productive. Lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...