Sunday, January 5, 2020

1/5/2020


Christmas ornaments are down.  Winter ornaments are up, including this fq with straight line quilting between the patterns.  It was perfect as  a little wall hanging and will be moved to a door when....


....this larger panel is finished.  It's about 80% done.  

 Licorice All Sorts is hanging on my craft room wall.


Started joining leader and ender pairs.  No idea where this project is going, but am sure something will come to me bofore they are all joined!


These were stuffed and pompom trim was added to the boot.  I started stuffing from the back about 5 years ago, as it looks more even on the sides, so they were probably my oldest UFOs!



DH and I forged a couple of icicles to test them out.  We're both pretty pleased.  I get the less strenous part.  I heat the metal, either by sticking it in the gas forge or heating it with a braising torch.  DH does all the beating.  It's a lot of fun.  We've been doing it for a few months now.  Next on my list is to have him teach me how to braise.  :)



3 comments:

  1. Welcome!! Lots of loveliness here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your creations - especially the "Licorice All Sorts" and the forged icicle. I know some people call them "leaders and enders" but I call mine "tweens" because I sew them "between" other things - and it's only one word - so it's shorter - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...