Sunday, December 8, 2019

12/8/19


There was not time for crafting last week....nightmarish isn't it? lol  I did start putting up the Christmas decorations.  This is A Little Bit Shorter Tall Tree by Little Bits.  The tree skirt looked like a slice of watermelon when I finished it, so painted it with gold paint.  Much better.  The other change was to swap out the ornaments for little "Christmas lights".  This one was finished about 3 years ago.  I like the way it looks on the brick wall.


In Full Bloom wall hanging by Edyta Sitar.  I think this came out about 2011.  It was machine appliqued and another one with needle turn applique in a different colorway is on the cards for next year.  It's hanging on the pantry door. 


Geese Around The World is from Sarah Fielke's book From Little Things.  The angel button is one of Debbie Mumm's from the stash.  There's a "summer" version of this wall hanging in the Box Of Doom, waiting for the blocks to be joined.


This quilt was on display near our booth at the Christmas Market.  It was hand quilted.


This is the back, where you can see some of the hand quilting.  


A sweet Christmas display.


Some Secret Santa sewing.


A closer look at the machine.


Love this one with weaving shuttlecocks.


The yarn fumes in Hobby Lobby must have got to me last week when I purchased these two balls of eyelash yarn.  It's been about 15 years since I've knitted with any and I'd forgotten how much I dislike it! lol  It is definitely a case of product knitting, as they'll be knitted up into Christmas balls.

Have a good week.  Sue



1 comment:

  1. oh yes, eyelash is so tangly and aggravating to knit with but great to couch on an art quilt! That little tree pattern has been on my radar for a while now... where did I put the pattern??? I buy things so I won't forget to do them, then put them away and forget anyway! Oooooo that Singer... I want one like that
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...