Thursday, May 5, 2022


 Making a pincushion with the little hexie set that wasn't used in the DJ block.  I saw a quilt made out of this pattern.


I made a ton of four hexie sets in the middle of the night when i couldn't sleep over the last couple of years.  They're all one inch and made from scraps.  They're all glue basted, as it was a mindless project that I didn't want to put any thought into.


The pile is constantly added to and never goes down.  That's not a complaint.  Making hexies is a project of it's own.  lol


A three inch pineapple log cabin pincushion made from scraps. 


How many pincushions is too many?  One more than I have.  lol


Tipped out an office rubbish bin that's full of of small scraps.  This will make a ton of inch and half inch hexies.  I need to get cracking on these.


12 down.  Many more to go.   It's a mindless, but fun project.  When it's done, the jar will be neatly stacked with red, neutral (it was going to be white, but there's not enough scraps) and blue yoyos.  Saw Kim Delhi do something similar with hexagons.  

1 comment:

  1. 1-1/2" hexies?!?! - Those are tiny!! Your hexies and yoyos should keep you busy for a while. And I agree - too many pincushions? - never - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...