Monday, April 25, 2022

 

The appliqué is done!

The pot has been tacked within an inch of it's life.  It doesn't need to be shifting around when adding French knots to all the little red dots as part of the hand quilting.  Now the top is finished, it'll become a 15 minutes a day project.


A blast from the past.   

My hand piecing skills are rather rusty.  I'm sure they will be much improved by the time this quilt is finished.  

It's being made without the sashing and cornerstones.  The blocks have been enlarged slightly to 5 inches.  


Not the best pic of my fabric choices for the first block, but you get the idea. lol


The starting block is the top left one and blocks will be joined diagonally as the rows are finished.    

This will be a long term project.  I'm not getting my knickers in a knot over getting the blocks made in a certain time, as I want it to be enjoyable.  

3 comments:

  1. Happy Monday, Sue. Such a cheerful block to begin the week with. Just gorgeous. Oh , I can not wait to see your progress on this new quilt. Fabulous fabrics for the 1st block. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa. It's going to be a lot of un.

      Delete
  2. This will be fun to watch come together - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...