Friday, January 14, 2022

 

I've been running the iron (with steam) up the strips for the string quilt.  I thought for an insane nanosecond about pressing them, came out in a cold sweat at the thought of how long it would take and decided against it.  They're pressed when flipping sewn strings, plus starched and pressed when the block is cut out.

Finally decided on herringbone stitch for the underneath of the robin biscornu.  It should be finished sometime next week.  

I added the Accuweather app to my phone earlier this week.  I've been calling it the Acuquilter... and I don't own one. You can tell where my mind is at!  lol

1 comment:

  1. Nice herringbone stitch - I'm looking forward to seeing the finished version! Had to laugh at "cold sweat" - and remember pressing my "crumbs" a handful at a time so that they would be "flat" when I tried to sew them - ans was too busy to sweat - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...