Tuesday, August 24, 2021




I'm in a stitching black hole with this one.  It doesn't seem to matter how much I stitch on the background, it seems like I don't make any progress.  The only way out is to keep stitching!  I've been using my sewing time to stitch on it, so I need to get out of this black hole, as the string quilt is calling me!


BEB's been shouting "start all the Wentzler's".  She likes BAPs (big arse projects) with lots of color changes, blended threads, fractional and specialty stitches. (Woodland Goddess for Showstopper September Cross Stitch Camp is a warm up) It keeps her quiet.  Haha!  Teresa Wentzler designs have always been my favorites to stitch.  There's about 40 in the JCS magazines on DVD, plus what I have in the first fantasy book.  I will be starting something, even if it's just a Christmas ornament.


Finally figured out where I was going wrong with this one.  Seems my reading comprehension skills have been at kindergarten level.  


Was listening to knitting vlogs while doing chores when I heard two different knitters say they just want to knit using bright yarn.  I took that as a sign to cast on a jumper with Red Heart's Black Light. (I'm easily swayed.) I'm making it up as I go along and taking notes.  It's not going to be fancy....that would be too much with this yarn.  It will definitely brighten up my day in the winter!


Making necklaces/floss ring bling.   



  

1 comment:

  1. Nice bling - I'm looking forward to seeing the BRIGHT sweater - and LOL @ BAPs - I have some of those, too - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...