Sunday, August 15, 2021

 


Desperate times call for desperate measures!  I wasn't staying in the basement long enough to change the blade on the scroll saw, plus I couldn't find the snips, so I improvised, put the twig in the vice and cut it with a hand saw.

In my defense, the most experience many Aussies have with basements is what we see on horror movies.  Add that to reading trashy horror stories from a young age and an overactive imagination.  lol Our basement is full of metalworking and woodworking tools, so looks like a set from Saw.  Plus, the furnace is down there, which is a double whammy of schlock horror. I find it creepy being by myself down there during the day and it creeps me out an infinite amount at 4.30am.  I had to go down there twice, as I cut the twig too tall the first time!


This is all I have to say about it.  lol


The twig fits perfectly.


A tiny skein (3oz) of Kool-aid dyed wool.  It was only after I made up the dye that I remembered Kool-aid only works on animal fibers....not cotton floss!  So, it was a happy accident. 









1 comment:

  1. LOVE your little twig - and green Kool-aid dyed wool. Lucky you it was wool and not cotton. LOL @ delicate, little flower - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...