Friday, August 13, 2021

Catching Up Part 2

 

Pulled everything together ready to sew.  I'll just work my way through the pile.  Thinking about swapping the striped fabric for something with a small print.


Going to sew string blocks in-between the pillows....


.....because this is all I've sewn in nearly two weeks.  BEB says "Sue keeps looking longingly at her sewing machine and sighing.  It's just pitiful!"


Started stitching the words.


Using Gutterman Sulky from the last post.  Started back stitching, but the thread didn't show up that well, so swapped it out for chain stitch.  Much better.  I had to get the Left Handed Embroidery book out, as I'd forgotten how to chain stitch.


These came yesterday.   I've not used them before, so I'll let you know what I think.


I'll be using them to embroider the pics for this mini quilt.  I started it a while back and got fed up with mostly back stitch and only got as far as making the two little pieces that will be made into needle cases in Part 1.


These were 5 for a dollar at Food Lion this morning, so I grabbed a few to dye yarn for stems, leaves and vines for the pumpkins.


Went to Petsmart yesterday for mice (snakes) and crickets (geckos) which just happens to be next to a Michael's, so I ran in and picked these up to make cording.....


....for this.  It's a bit washed out, but you get the idea.

On the way home, we took a different way than we normally go,, to miss traffic that was at a standstill.  We saw buffalo.  The Perth Museum had a very ratty looking stuffed one on display for years.  That and holding a cake of buffalo yarn is the closest I'd been to one until yesterday when we drove past some in a paddock.  I was beyond thrilled.  

I'm off to bake chicken tenders, make squash casserole and a couple of loaves of cheesy bacon apple bread (one for the weekend, one for the freezer) then clean the house.  I should be finished by midnight.  Haha!









 


2 comments:

  1. Aah strip piecing so relaxing and fun. Your embroidery is looking great. I worked on some chain stitch embroidery last night on a Buttermilk Basin pattern. I have never dyed fibers with Kool Aid . I sounds like a lot of fun. Can not wait to see the results. Happy stitching, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so busy, I get tired just reading about it - LOL. Using Kool Aid to dye stuff is a terrific idea - I remember it staining everything it touched when the kids spilled some - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...