Wednesday, July 21, 2021

 

The first six string blocks have been sewn,  pressed, trimmed and had the foundation papers removed.  After auditioning a bunch of different layouts, I chose this one.  

I'm using the local weekly newspaper for the foundation, as it's pulpy and tears out really easily.  That makes eight nine inch blocks.  Since the fabric is already cut into strips, it feels like they're zooming along.  An added bonus is being able to just pop into my sewing room, even if it's just for five minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Five minutes - they add up! I like your blocks - and between you and Barbara - I see another Squirrel - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to town on these, Sue and they look so beautiful. I am off on a camping trip otherwise I think I would be in the quilt room following your lead . Lol. I love these.

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...