Wednesday, July 14, 2021

 


One more inch on the body until the sleeves are knitted separately.  The yarn is looking purplish to me, but it's dark blue with subtle colored flecks. 


Mattress stitching the sleeve.   It took about 30 rows to get the hang of it again, as I've not done it for years.  When I started it, I was pulling the yarn to the side, instead of straight down and pulling it with a death grip, as the stitches were sticking through.  Once I started pulling it straight down, all the stitches disappeared.  It's very satisfying making a few matress stitches, giving the yarn a gentle tug and watching them disappear.

1 comment:

  1. Your knitting is looking beautiful, Sue. So glad that it all came back to you and you are in the knitting groove. This is on my bucket list to learn how to do . Have a beautiful day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...