Saturday, July 17, 2021

Back to 15 minutes a day on some cross stitch projects.  There's a different one for each day of the week. I'm in the mood for a different project every day because....SQUIRREL!  I know you understand.  

The top photo of each design is from the magazine.  The second photo is my progress.



 Sunday's is Floral Gift by Blackbird Designs from JCS Christmas Ornaments 2010 magazine.  I changed the colors. The fabric is a scrap of tea dyed 14 count aida.  This one's a WIP.  The rest are new starts.


Monday's is Spider Sampler by Frony Ritter from JCS Halloween, 2014.  It's my Cross Stitch Camp SAL project for July. The fabric is black 14 count aida.  


Tuesday's is EEK! by Maria Warmke of The Stitcherhood from JCS September/October, 2013 edition.  The fabric is a scrap of 14 count aida I dyed a while ago.  The dye was some leftover gruesome green that I overdyed with either blue or grey.   I've not been able to make a dark green I like....yet, but I do like the way this fabric turned out.  I know I could buy green dye, but that's not as much fun.  



Wednesday's is Spooky Eye Chart by Theresa Curry & Brian Stugelmayer of Needle Bling Designs from JCS (no idea which one).  The fabric is a scrap of 14 count aida that was a different batch of overdyed gruesome green.

Thursday's is Stitching Witch by Maria Warmke of The Stitcherhood from JCS October, 2014.  The fabric is a scrap of 14 count aida.  The color is a happy accident. I'd added a bit of pink to purple, to give it a warm tone.  The purple wouldn't take at all.  So, I tossed a bit of blue in and I like how it turned out.  I'm going to add a "fancy" border. Crested chain stitch is the current contender.  


Friday's is Majestic Cat by Sandra Sullivan of Homespun Elegance from JCS (no idea which one).  The fabric is The orange is DMC ???????? which was thrown into a fairly strong solution of black tea on a plastic bobbin, just to see what would happen.  I like it.



Saturday's is Halloween Night On The Fence by Eileen Gurak of Handblessings from JCS (no idea which one).  The fabric is a scrap of 14 count aida.  I started with just a drop of blue dye, then kept adding a tiny amount until I had a color I liked. 

There's another four larger WIPs I've been stitching on, but that will be another post.




3 comments:

  1. Oh how fun, Sue and great idea. I may have to try this for some of my WIPS . I have been spending 15 minutes a day this past week on my Easter quilt and feel good about it. I just love seeing your projects .Looking forward to seeing how next week's progress. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY understand Squirrel!! Some of my best exercise is chasing squirrels - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please read this, I'm highly thankful to you Dr WHITE for the help you have given to my family also for bringing my family back to me after all hope was lost due to I have made contact with many spell casters both online and physically but none was able to help me until I met Dr WHITE my life has been very wounderful also filled with joy happiness because finally my family is back as one, since you helped me my husband has been treating me very nicely also treat me as a queen that I have always desired most importantly he doesn't have mistress any more he gives me his time attention like never before . Thanks very much Dr WHITE, he can help any of those problem.

    (1) Do you want your Ex back?
    (2) Are you always having nightmares?
    (3)Do you Want to be promoted in your workplace?
    (4) Do you want women / men running after you?
    (5) Do you Want a spell bear a child?
    (6) Do you Want to be rich?
    (7) Do you want your husband / wife to love you forever?
    (8) Do want to increase the size of your dick?/last long when having sex?
    (9) Do you Want to recover your lost money?
    (10) Do you want to stop a divorce?
    (11) spell to receive your dept.
    (12) Do you want your every wish to be granted by anyone?
    (13)Do you want spell to conceive?
    (14) Do you need a magic Ring?
    (15) Are you finding it difficult to win a case in court?
    (16) Do you want to marry your partner as soon as possible?

    email address is: wightmagicmaster@gmail.com
    WhatsApp: +17168691327

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...