Thursday, July 29, 2021

 

Headed into the craft room this morning to cut up scraps for the string quilt.  Spotted Bee Kind sitting on top of the sewing machine.  The appliqué was finished yesterday.


This is the thread I'll be using to hand quilt the center.


The details.


The pattern booklet was sitting next to it, singing it's siren song.  When it comes to Chook Shed designs...


I just had to make it sew!


Bees are my August theme and home is my  summer one.


So, I started auditioning scrap fabrics.


These are the fabrics I chose.  Now, back to cutting up scraps into strings.


The pinks are cut up and the empty pouch is back where it belongs, ready to go.  These were cut in different widths.  It was only when I started cutting these up that I realized there wasn't a pink bag of strings.  

Next is cutting skinny strings from other pouches to add a bit of variety to the quilt.  All the scraps are pressed, so it's just a matter of zooming into the craft room for five minutes here and there to cut them up.


These are ready to go as Bender blocks.  


I couldn't help myself.  lol. Not sure which one I'm going to make.  Maybe both. 😁










2 comments:

  1. LOVE your projects! LOL at "Make it Sew" - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew much cuteness. Love Bee Kind and I do not blame you on having little to no resistance on The Chook Shed designs. Looks like a lot of happiness is going to be flowing out of your quilt room. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...