Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Sixteen string blocks are trimmed and pressed.  

This scrap is probably the oldest.  It's a Debbie Mumm and from 2001!  Better in a quilt, than sitting in a scrap pouch.

Frogged the knitted pumpkin.  There were only a few rows, so it was no biggie.  The tension needs to be tighter, so the stuffing doesn't show through.  Swapped rub for garter stitch, as there are a few rib pumpkins already.  

There's no new progress on the blue jumper, as I keep coming up 2 stitches too short for the start of the sleeve.  60 stitches are cast on, then I lose 2.  It can't be fudged, as it will mess up the lace pattern on the cuff..  I'm blaming the Fairy Frog Mother.  Haha!  


Progress on the 15 minutes a day cross stitch smalls.  I need to get a wriggle on with Happy Halloween.  That's the July project I'm stitching for Cross Stitch Camp, so it'll be stitched on until it's finished.






2 comments:

  1. LOVE your string blocks - and LOL @ Fairy Frog Mother - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew much fun going on here. I am loving your strip pieced blocks. Debbie Mumm fabrics were awesome. I have one of her quilt books and love looking at it. Faith Frog Mother- lol I cracked up when I read that. Have a great week , Sue and hope you wiggle in some Halloween stitching. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...