Saturday, June 5, 2021

Day 2 May Catch Up

It's 5am.....Jenny, Bailey and I have been up for an hour and we're out on the back porch listening to a few early birds sing their morning greeting.  It's too early for the 17 year cicadas.  They start just before dawn.  There's not as many of them now, so it's getting quieter during the day.  When they were at their height, I felt something on the back of my neck and brushed one off.  Then proceeded to act like I had a black belt in origami, waving my arms about and jumping around.  lol. Creepy crawlies are not my thing!  


Foundation piecing is my favorite patchwork technique.  I drafted the foundations for three blocks for this quilt on graph paper.  It's thin, so rips out easily after sewing.  


Smell My Feet was finished as a pillow.  I don't like how it looks, so it has a date with Jack.


The hand quilting on this mini was finished and the binding sewn on.  It hangs on the pantry door.  I enjoy hand stitching the binding down to the back of wall hangings.


The grey cardigan is close to a finish.  I'm onto the shoulder shaping on the second sleeve.  After that, the pieces will be sewn together.  Then the button band will be picked up and knitted....then buttons attached.


A hat had been languishing waiting to be frogged and caked up again, as it was too small.  It would have fit perfectly as a beanie, but I've been wearing my hair up in a bun every day for almost a year and it won't fit!  I'd only knit the brim and about an inch on the body of the hat, so it's not a problem.

I didn't write in my notebook at all during May, but I did squeeze in more crafting than I thought......and there's more!  That's for the next blog post.









2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love seeing your projects - what fun! - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...