Monday, February 15, 2021

 


I love tulips.  I didn't love it so much a few years ago when I planted 100 bulbs and they were all dug up and eaten!  lol


This pile of dog treats should keep them going for a while.  They've all been cut in half, bagged up in small amounts and popped in the freezer.  The dogs love them.


While the oven was on, I whipped up a persimmon loaf.  The weather continues to be cold and rainy.  Yummy smells from the oven always make the house feel cozy.



It's delicious.  The recipe is James Beard's Persimmon Bread.  I halved the recipe and baked it in an 8 inch square pan.  It's supposed to keep for up to a week, but it's probably going to be gone well before then.

The recipe is on davidlebovitz.com 


Jenny was completely unmoved by all the goings on in the kitchen and decided the best thing to do was lie in the middle of the den floor.








1 comment:

  1. Jenny has the right idea - the smells from the oven and the cozy of the floor - nap time - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...