Wednesday, August 26, 2020


Thinking the next couple of wips might be a Carolina lily and a peony.   Or, they could be something completely different, depending on what I find in this book.  Just out of curiosity,  I looked it up on Amazon.  On there, it sells for between $78 and $344.  It must be out of print.  I'm glad I have it, but if I didn't, I'd be searching Quilters Cache.

The fall quilt is still in the planning stages.  I've decided on a maple leaf block.  Just need to get it down on paper and started now.

There's a yard of green and also a neutral, which have been maturing in my stash for "a while" which I had planned on using in a Carolina lily quilt.  The only snag was, I could never find an orange I really liked.  Oranges are a bit low in the stash, so if there's not enough yardage or an orange that fits, I'll overdye another fabric.  There's a bright yellow and deep red RIT dye in the stash, which could be mixed to make a fiery orange.  

There's a pile of pressed and pinned paired pieces that's almost as tall as the Tower of Pieces ready to sew.  There may be a scrap of white tone on tone big enough to cut a flower or three out of.  If it's not wide enough, there may be a bunch of appliqué daisies instead of just one.   



When he himself quietus makes with a bare bodkin....

Whose to say Shakespeare wasn't suffering a case of second sock syndrome while knitting a pair of hose on dpns and he's been misinterpreted and the bodkin he was talking about was not a dagger?  "To rip or not to rip".....it's all open to interpretation!  lol

The sock on the left has been frogged, as the toe was an odd fit and felt uncomfortable.  I don't think it would have improved with washing and wearing.  Casting on 32 stitches is a much better fit.  When this pair is finished, I'm going to hold off making a second pair with the same yarn, so I can see what the 1st pair are like to wear.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...