Thursday, August 27, 2020




Found this flower in the book Material Obsession 2.  It's 10 inches wide, so made copies at 75%, 65% and 55%.


The yellow is tonal and a bit washed out in this pic.  Thinking about adding stamens with hand embroidery.


I like this branch and flowers.  The appliqué will be in the left corner.  


It's from Like Home by La-D-Da.  It's one of my favorites.  I was stuck on the layout of the appliqué until I'd walked past this i don't know how many times this morning.  lol 


Added back stitch to the green....


....and around the moon.  I really like the way it makes the colors pop.  It's something I leave until the end no matter the size of a piece.  Partly because I mostly stitch in hand and I want it to lie neatly, but mostly because I don't like doing it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...