Friday, August 7, 2020


Approximately 20 pairs of cuff down knitted socks, I'm making my  first toe up pair.....a vanilla Frankensock, made from scraps of other socks.  It took 9 goes to cast on.....yes, I counted lol. 

When I did the "Great Stash Toss of Spring 2020" (sounds much more interesting than sorting) It's a bit like going shopping at your favorite craft store....never know what kind of goodies will turn up.  lol.   I found about half a dozen sock yarns that were caked up and ready to go, which are great for patterned socks.  After going through my sock knitting books, most of the patterns I picked out were toe up.  I knit for fun, not to be "challenged", so learn new techniques when I need to! 😁


I was recently gifted a cowl kit, which included this yarn (the bottom yarn is the thickness of hand quilting thread!)......


and the pattern.  More on this later.


Still stitching on witches.  


I like the smyrna crosses on this witch's apron.


I switched up all the colors on this one to what I have in my stash.

I'm sneaking up on my mojo today and starting a mini quilt.  On Sunday night, I'd picked the pattern out,  was picking out fabric, then the power went out for 5 1/2 hours!  So, I'm trying again tonight.

On the non-crafty front, Grey and I started a sterile processing technician course.  He already works in this area and wants to up his qualifications.  It's an internationally recognized qualification,  which doesn't mean much atm.  As part of the clinicals, we may be going into an operating theater to watch an operation.  Not sure how I feel about that.  

I've reverted back to the "old" blogger.  I write a post over a few days, which has been an absolute pain to do with the new version.  When they roll everyone over to the new version, I may start a YouTube channel!  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...