Saturday, April 18, 2020




Early last year I spotted the Pieced Tulip Block on Quilter's Cache.   After a quick Google, I found a pic of an antique tulip quilt, from which I copied the leaves and stems.  


Next was a rummage through the button box, where I found a couple of these cuties.


The rest of the scraps were cut up into 
1 1/2 inch squares and another mini was born.  They are hung facing each other on the basement and pantry doors during spring.

I mentioned to DH yesterday that I don't want to make quilts atm.  I think just saying it may have stirred my mojo....just a little.

I've been thinking this morning about drawing up a Carolina lily and a peony block.  I'll have to see what happens! lol


Witch by The Prairie Schooler was finished this morning.  The fabric is a scrap of 14 count aida which I threw into a pot with the last of my purple dye powder.  This is the 2nd witch themed cross stitch on purple dyed scrap fabric.  There's seven more pieces, so I'm thinking it'll be fun to use them all for witch themed ornaments.  


Night & Day by Little House Needleworks has been on my mind for a week or two, so I pulled the pattern out of my stash.  Time to rummage through my fabric stash and floss box.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely Tulip and friend minis..was some cute bee buttons you found for the Tulips.
    Have fun making more Witchy CS blocks.
    Look forward to seeing your new CS project grow.

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...