Monday, March 23, 2020


Made a start on the second block.  I'm tryng not to make minuscule stitches on this one.  It's been a few years since I did any back stitching and I'm out of practice.  That's fine, as there will be plenty with these.  There's a good chance that each of the blocks will be finished as little pinnies to go in a display bowl, as I'm not really feeling it for a quilt finish.  Whatever they become, it will be cute.  


Meanwhile, Bailey contemplates future career choices.  Here, he is tossing up between a knitwear supermodel or the caterpillar from Alice In Wonderland. 


I enjoy reading history and learning about other cultures.  If quilts are thrown into the mix, I'm in heaven!  I started reading this book again today and there was something that made me smile (besides all of the above). 

 We make jokes about the Quilt Police when we "break" self-imposed quilting "rules".   During the 1700's in The Netherlands, there were quilt guilds which had strict rules about how quilts had to be made.  If guild members strayed, they could be prosecuted.  There's evidence of this in the Bruges city archives.  Be wary of following quilting "rules", or you may get a visit from the ghostly Quilt Police!  😉


1 comment:

  1. Love your stitchery! I vote for Bailey to be the caterpillar - LOL. Quilt Police - for real!! - Haha - love it!! - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...